To submit to Atlantis, you must be a currently enrolled undergraduate/graduate student attending a North Carolina university or Cape Fear Community College.
- You can submit up to 10 pieces of work per issue deadline.
- Prose submissions should not exceed 6 pages.
- Photography and art submissions MUST be 300 dpi!
- DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME DIRECTLY ON THE SUBMISSION FILE. Your name is on the form and will be printed alongside your work if your piece is chosen. Having your name directly on the piece ruins the anonymity and unbiased part of the editorial process.
If you encounter problems while submitting, try one of these tactics:
- Submit files one at a time through the online form. Our servers might not be able to handle multiple large file sizes at once.
- Directly email submission and all required information to email@example.com
- If all else fails, contact the Submissions Coordinator or Web Editor for further assistance.
For each genre featured in our magazine—art, photography, poetry and prose—there is an editorial staff comprised of a genre editor and several UNCW student volunteers. All submissions are anonymously coded by the Submissions Coordinator before being thoroughly reviewed by the student staffs. The Submissions Coordinator does not participate in the review process, and the submitter’s name is not disclosed until each editorial staff has made final content decisions.
All rights reserved to the individual authors and artists, from whom permission must be obtained to use any material from this issue in any way.
If you do NOT receive a confirmation email as soon as your submission goes through, please contact our Submissions Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you as much as we can to help with any issues that may arise.